- What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- What information do we collect?
The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Health or Psychological Information
- Billing Information
If necessary and with your consent, we may also collect sensitive information in order to carry out our functions or activities. Sensitive information includes information about your health, ethnicity and any disabilities.
- How we collect and store your personal information
- We may collect your personal information when you use our website or interact with us. This may include when:
- you input personal information into our website;
- you provide personal information to us verbally over the phone;
- you provide personal information to us via email;
- you provide personal information directly to us in person, whether verbally or in writing; and
- personal information is provided to us by a third party.
- The personal information we collect will be held in electronic and/or paper records. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure environment.
- We note that no information transmitted over any medium, including the Internet, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information are carried out at your own risk.
- We ensure that, wherever possible, our data is stored within Australia. However, we may from time to time engage third parties or use third party services which store your information in overseas locations.
- We may, from time to time, store your information using overseas servers. We may also engage third parties or use third party services which store your information in overseas locations.
- Purpose of collection
- The purposes for which we usually collect and use personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include:
- Communicating with you, such as responding to your enquiries and requests;
- Obtaining information from you so that we can best inform you about our goods and/or services;
- Supplying our goods and/or services to you;
- We may disclose personal information to our service providers where those third-party services are necessary for us to supply our goods and/or services to you, including third party data storage and technology providers. We may also disclose your information if required by law.
- Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- Our website may direct you to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or practices of such websites.
- Direct marketing
- Access and correction
In some circumstances, access to the information requested or parts thereof may be refused where we are required or entitled not to provide that information.
- Complaint procedure
All complaints will be considered by us and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Overseas transfer
We may from time to time disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for the purpose of providing services to you. Before we do so, we have an obligation to ensure that an overseas recipient complies with the privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to customers located in the European Union. We do not have an establishment in the European Union and do not target or monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union. Accordingly, the GDPR does not apply.
- How to contact us about your privacy
Current as at September, 2022