Psychologist, Accredited EMDR Practitioner, Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician
Registered; Perth WA
Sherry is a psychologist, accredited EMDR practitioner, ANZAED credentialed eating disorder clinician, psychotherapist and counsellor with over 15 years experience, who consults with adults, adolescents, and children in private practice in Wembley, north/west of the Perth CBD, WA. Sherry aims to provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals to increase their self-awareness, develop coping strategies and progress towards their full potential. Sherry’s services are trauma and attachment informed. She has an interest in working with complex cases where there are multiple presenting issues.
Sherry has experience with working primarily in the treatment of;
- eating disorders and weight management
- trauma and dissociative disorders
- body image issues
- anxiety disorders (generalised anxiety, panic attacks and panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiety etc.)
- depression and other mood disorders
- personal growth
- highly sensitive people (HSP’s)
- anger management
- drug and alcohol use
- grief and loss
- relationship difficulties and separation
- adolescent issues
- young adult issues
- family of origin issues
- children’s issues
- parenting issues
Sherry uses an integrated therapeutic approach to counselling and psychotherapy tailoring the intervention to meet the unique needs of the client.
Approaches may include;
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Clinical Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy
- Spiritually-Oriented Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Sherry also utilises techniques from the following approaches; Psychodynamic (including Jungian Approaches), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT-Tapping) and Simple Energy Technique (SET), Expressive Therapy (ET), Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Directive and Non-Directive Play Therapy and Sand Tray Therapy
Telehealth/Online counselling is now available.
Click here to contact Sherry for more information or to book an appointment. Please note: Sherry is no longer working with restrictive eating disorders. Sherry is not currently accepting referrals for children or adolescents or OCD. Sherry is only accepting a limited number of referrals for EMDR.